Etisalat had earlier ceased Blackberry services on their network and I was sure another network would follow their steps. Well, it so sad to know that Glo Nigeria has also ends support for Blackberry OS7 device. Which means that users can no longer subscribe to any of the BB 0S7 internet subscriptions.
Below is what was posted on Glo Blackberry Plans portal page on December 17, 2016.
Dear Customer, starting December 17, 2016 BlackBerry services on your device (BBOS7 devices) will no longer be available. You can still continue to use the device to Call and Text. We request you to migrate to a BB10, Android, Windows or IOS handset to use your remaining data.
BlackBerry OS7 Service Termination FAQs
1. What does the BlackBerry service unavailability means? This means that blackberry services for Blackberry OS7 & below, will cease to function. Impacted handsets i.e. Bold, Curve, Torch, Storm, Tour, Porsche will not have access to Blackberry internet services and Enterprise services. Note: All Blackberry 10 and above OS device will continue to work as normal.
2. When will the Blackberry services be unavailable on my BB OS 7 device? Starting December 17th, 2016 the Blackberry Services will be unavailable on all BBOS 7 & below devices .
3. Which Blackberry Plans will be unavailable on Glo BlackBerry? The below mentioned plans will be unavailable for purchase & renewal starting 17th Dec, 2016
• BlackBerry Complete weekly plan
• BlackBerry Complete monthly plan
• BlackBerry Absolute weekly plan
• BlackBerry Absolute monthly plan
• BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
• BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES)
4. What all services or features of Blackberry will be impacted by this service unavailability? Your web browsing and all Blackberry proprietary applications and services e.g. BlackBerry world, BBM, Blackberry calendar and travel apps, Blackberry hub etc will not work on BB OS 7 and below devices. You will still be able to call and text using the BBOS devices.
5. What will happen to outstanding data plan volumes post termination date? You are requested to migrate to a BB10, Android, Windows or IOS handset to use your remaining data, which has been reserved for you for next 30 days.
6. How do I use my left over data on new device? If you have migrated to a new device, you need to change your APN to Glo flat.
To change your APN to Glo flat, click here and follow the simple steps.
For more details, call our Blackberry helpdesk by dialling 333 from your Glo line.
For those using Android device that then change their imei to blackberry device imei because of the cheap BB sub then this will affect you guys. In other to solve this, just change your imei back to Android device or better change your Phone Access Point to Glo secure or Glo flat.