Most cities in Nigeria are now enjoying the 4G LTE experience from MTN, glo, Etisalat. Competition is every where and MTN seems to attract its customers by awarding it 4G LTE users with free 5GB.This is a way to encourage people to swap their sim card for 4G LTE, sol that they can upgrade the MTN Sim to 4G Compatability.
The offer is for only for MTN customers who have activated their 4G LTE network. The bonus data serves as a means to welcome you to the fast 4G network and it can be used for browsing, downloading, streaming etc.
How To Get Your Free 5GB Data Reward
1. Get an 4G LTE compatible Smartphone (supports band 20 (800MHz) and Band 7 (2600MHz)) so that it would be compatable for your 4G LTE browsing
2. Insert your MTN sim card into the 4G device.
3. Then send 4G to 131, you’ll get a reply thus:
Yello! You need to upgrade your SIM card and device to enjoy MTN 4G LTE. Please visit the nearest MTN store or partner retailer to upgrade now.
For more information of MTN 4G LTE, including 4G coverage location; please visit www.mtnonline.com/4g or walk-in to any of our service centers nationwide.
4. Once If you got that message, it means your phone is to use good MTN 4G, then go to the nearest MTN store/outlet to do a 4G sim-swap.
5. Finally, dial *131*4# and the free 5GB data will be smile to you.
Remember that the Mtn 4G Sim card support only the specific 4G smartphone band, i.e
band 20 (800MHz) and Band 7 (2600MHz)