Blogger.com serves as a platform for blogger to easy post their views and ideas freely without thinking of paying for a host. But If you’re running your blog on blogger platform, credits are mentioned in the footer in every default blogger template.
When you scroll down to the bottom and there you will see “powered by Blogger” attribution. It comes by default in every template and represents blogger itself.
If you’re thinking to blog as a career in future then you must customize your blog. These default widgets look creepy to the visitors and you must remove them to make the readers feel good. Just follow the step by step guide to removing this widget.
How To Remove “Powered By Blogger ” Attribution
If you will try to remove this then you may notice that this widget is locked by default.
Method 1: – Unlock The Gadget
- Go to blogger.com.
- Login into blogger dashboard with your account details.
- Select the blog from which you want to remove this attribute.
- Navigate to Template>>Edit HTML.
- Drop down Jump to widget and select Attribution1 from the list as shown below.
- Click anywhere on the screen and pressCtrl+F to open the search window.
- Now find the following code and replace true with false as shown below
<b:widget id=’Attribution1′ locked=’true’ title=” type=’Attribution’>
<b:widget id=’Attribution1′ locked=’false’ title=” type=’Attribution’>
- Once all done simply save the template.
- After that move to Layout tab and at the end you can see attribution gadget. Simply click on edit button.
- In the popup window click remove and that’s it.
Method 2: – Using Script
- Go to the template and click on edit HTML button.
- Click anywhere on the screen and press ctrl+F to open blogger’s search box.
- Search for this code </head>. ( No spacing between code)
- Copy and paste the following code just above red color code.
- Save the Template and you are done.
You have successfully removed the powered by blogger attribution in your blog.
If you experience any problem, feel free to notify using the comment box.