As part of effort in bringing better services to their esteem customers, Whatsapp have decided to extend the date they’re stopping support on some devices to June 30, 2017.
Whatsapp which is the most popular messaging application platform used by almost 90 percent of smartphone users in the world will no longer support some mobile devices as their planning to expand their app features and add more security tools to their App.
The affected mobile devices include:- 1. All Blackberry phones including blackberry 10 devices.
2. All Symbian Phones Includes; Nokia 500, Nokia E6, Nokia 5228, Nokia 5230, Nokia E63, Nokia 5233, Nokia E66, Nokia 5235, Nokia 5250, Nokia E7, Nokia 5320, Nokia E71, Nokia 5530, Nokia E72, Nokia 5630, Nokia E73, Nokia 5700, Nokia E75, Nokia 5730, Nokia E90 Communicator, Nokia 5800, Nokia N76, Nokia 600, Nokia N78, Nokia 603, Nokia N79, Nokia 6110, Nokia N8, Nokia 6120, Nokia N81, Nokia 6121, Nokia N81 8 GB, Nokia 6124,Nokia N82,Nokia 6210,Nokia N85, Nokia 6220, Nokia N86 8 MP, Nokia 6290, Nokia N95, Nokia 6650 Fold, Nokia N95 8 GB, Nokia 6700, Nokia 6710 Navigator, Nokia N96, Nokia 6720, Nokia N97, Nokia 6730, Nokia N97 mini, Nokia 6760 Slide, Nokia X5-01, Nokia 6790 Surge, Nokia X6, Nokia 700, Nokia X7, Nokia 701, Samsung GT-i8510, Nokia 808 PureView, Samsung GT-l7110, Nokia C5, Samsung i8910 Omnia HD, Nokia C5-03, Samsung SGH-G810, Nokia C6, Samsung SGH-iNNN, Nokia C7, Samsung SGH-L870, Nokia E5, Sony Ericsson Satio, Nokia E51, Sony Ericsson Vivaz, Nokia E52, Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro and Nokia E55.
3. All Nokia S40 Phones includes; Nokia Asha 201, Nokia Asha 300, Nokia Asha 302, okia Asha 303, Nokia Asha 306, Nokia Asha 311,Nokia C3-00, Nokia C3-01, Nokia X2-00, Nokia X2-01 and Nokia X3-02,
4. Window phones 7.1,
5. iPhone 3GS/iOS 6, Andriod 2.1 and Andriod 2.2
The company added through its blog post that despite it was a tough decision for them to make, but still the right one in order to provide better service and better ways to keep in touch with your family, friends and loved ones using Whatsapp.
Therefore if your phone falls within the stated range, you are advised to either upgrade to the newer version of Andriod, iPhone, Window or get a newer ones before the due date.Below is what they wrote on their blog:
As we look ahead to our next seven years, we want to focus our efforts on the mobile platforms the vast majority of people use. So, by the end of 2016, we will be ending support for WhatsApp Messenger on the following mobile platforms:
– BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10
– Nokia S40
– Nokia Symbian S60
– Android 2.1 and Android 2.2
– Windows Phone 7
– iPhone 3GS/iOS 6
While these mobile devices have been an important part of our story, they don’t offer the kind of capabilities we need to expand our app’s features in the future.
This was a tough decision for us to make, but the right one in order to give people better ways to keep in touch with friends, family, and loved ones using WhatsApp. If you use one of these affected mobile devices, we recommend upgrading to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone before the end of 2016 to continue using WhatsApp.