For those that can remember, earlier this year Facebook announced that it will introduce a feature for secret conversation, well the feature is now live. Facebook has started the rollout of the end to end encryption feature on Facebook Messenger.
This feature which is automatically set to default on Whatsapp can be manually set on Facebook messenger.
Here's what Facebook said about this advancement
“We’ve heard from you that there are times when you want additional safeguards — perhaps when discussing private information like an illness or a health issue with trusted friends and family, or sending financial information to an accountant. To enable you to do this we are starting to test the ability to create one-to-one secret conversations in Messenger that will be end-to-end encrypted and which can only be read on one device of the person you’re communicating with.”
How To Encrypt Messages On Facebook Messanger.
1. After Opening Facebook, Tap on the individual contact you want to chat secretly with
2. You should see a circle with an i inside, beside Audio, Video call icons.
3. Tap the i icon and scroll down to where you would see Secret Conversation
4. Now tap on Secret Conversation
5. Now you can chat secretly.
1. This feature is not available on the web version, e.g. PC.
2. Your friend must be using the latest version of Facebook Messenger